Saturday, February 20, 2010

My daughter's review of 'My Name Is Khan'

Last Friday I took my 8 yo daughter, Jaine to the premier of MNIK. She was very impressed by the film and is anxious to see it again. In fact she wrote her own review. I have reproduced it here (please forgive the typos and mispellings, she is 8 after all). It is lovely to read her writing isn't it?

My name is khan is a movie about Risvan khan who has a brother and lives with his mother until his mother dies his brother left from India to go to America when he was 18 and after the mother dies Risvan follows him he meets a women named Mandira and falls in love with her and ends up getting married! Mandira has a son sammeer. His best friend is reece a american adopted boy and hisdad gets sent to war and dies. So reece blames sammeer like his fatther’s death had something to do with sammer. At one of sammer ‘s soccer pratice he gets beat up by reece and some other guys . He got killed they hurt him so bad. The mom and the dad don’t know who killed sammer yet. Mandira blames her husband risvan on sammer’s death and says there are 30,000 people in this town why don’t you tell every single one of them my name is khan and I am not a terrorist. Infact why don’t you tell the president! So he goes on a long journey and the people thinks that he says he is a terrorist!!! So these college kids are trying to find out why he wants to tell the president my name is khan and I am not a terrorist. So one day he gets released and he still hasn’t met the president! But he finds out a new president is getting elected and the president wants o say a few words to him! Then they go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment