Sunday, February 14, 2010

MNIK thoughts 24 hours later...

I'll be honest. I waited 6 months for last night and so I was probably too keyed up to watch the film objectively. I felt at  moments that the movie was veering off course and that it was uneven. Not that I was bored or thought the film dragged, just that in my hyper awareness I was expecting a watertight, flawless masterpiece.
24 hours later I realize that there is alot going on in the film and that I cannot stop talking to my wife about the film. The film tries to be a love story, a story about a man with Asperger's Syndrome and a film about intolerance and treatment of Muslims in America in the post 9/11 world. Should the movie tried to do less? I don't know. I do know that Shahrukh Khan was fantastic and that in honor of him and Kajol I watched Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge today. I plan to go back and see MNIK again this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment